Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dem Bones

"I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?' I said, 'O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.'" Ezekiel 37:2-3

I went to a Bible Study on Romans this evening. I'm pretty sure we're still on Romans 1:1. I say pretty sure because we got quite off topic and started talking about predestination vs free will. I'm not even going to go into that because ultimately it's not important. But, my pastor is more inclined to be in the predestination camp and somebody was asking him how we are supposed to know who the "predestined" are. Basically - this was the story that my pastor directed us to. Ezekiel & the valley of the dry bones.

I've heard this story before. I've sung "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones....hear the word of the Lord". But tonight it was one of those "I'm going to open your eyes to this story in a whole new way" kind of things. Thanks for that God! But for real. That should be our interaction with every single person. God asks us "Can this person be alive in Me?" and our response should always be "God, only you know that, but I'll do whatever you desire to make that happen."

Ezekiel prophesied & spoke the word of God to a valley of bones. And they came to life. And the breath of God was breathed into them. Who are we to say that God can't use us to work in somebody's life? Who are we to say that somebody can't be saved?

No comments: