Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Oh Hey YoCo - Welcome to DC!

I had a whole bunch of stuff I wanted to post about last week and this past weekend. But time kind of got away from me with all the fun I was having. Sorry. I'd love to go back and reflect on last week with you, but I can't because that would be taking away from this week.

It's been different. Very different. But this week has not been without it's challenges. We have not had any real complications and on the surface it would seem that this week is running very smoothly. Last week's group was very mature. Not always in their day to day activities, but when it came to their relationship with Jesus, they were strong. And not just individually, but as a group. This week, the group (from my home town) is very young. In age, and I'm assuming in their faith. They are quiet. Not so much right now, as they just finished attempting to dye a kid's hair red with kool aid, but when it comes time to talking about the real stuff. I know very little about the heart of these kids. And that's been hard. Because I feel very responsible for their growth while on this trip. Which, while technically that's in my job description (you know, help the groups process their experiences through a Biblical viewpoint), is slightly insane. Because I know that God has to open their hearts for anything to happen.

I've come to the conclusion that just about every challenge anybody ever faces can be boiled down to an issue of trusting God. Last week we had to trust Him to handle our physical circumstances. This week I have to trust Him to handle the hearts of these kids. And I know He will. He told me. "'I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.'" Jeremiah 31:33

Welcome to DC, YoCo! You ready to meet God? He's here, keep your eyes open!

1 comment:

Katie Jones said...

TRUST. Mmyes.

word verification: cimol
umm...a camel with different vowels.