Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Short & Sweet & To The Point...

At least, that's the plan for tonight. I know I haven't been here in a few days, but I promise you, I've been busy. We're still training but we've gotten to that point where we are supposed to have a general idea of what we'll be doing week to week and how to get around the city. So...we've been spending our days visiting a lot of the ministry sites that we work with. Some of these places we just drove to, switched navigators and continued on our way. At other sites we stopped and met with the volunteer coordinator and talked a bit about what groups will be doing when we bring them there. And at some other sites we have actually volunteered ourselves. Like today. We went and served breakfast at one of the ministries that does meals Tuesday - Friday and provides clothing to the clients. It's an awesome ministry. Only thing is we needed to be there at 6. Which meant we had to leave our housing site at 5:30. Which meant that my alarm went off at 4:45 this morning. All this to say that I'm a bit tired. It's ok though. This is just my warm-up for when I get to do this with middle and high schoolers. They're going to hate me. Because I can play up the peppy morning person like it is nobody's business. And I plan on doing just that. To keep myself awake and to get the kids ready to serve God at what will certainly seem like an ungodly hour.

We have another early morning tomorrow or I would try to update more. That's my goal for this weekend. Prepare for the first groups and provide an actual legit update on HOW I'm doing not WHAT I've been doing. Until that post comes I'm just going to ask for prayers for the groups that are headed our way on Sunday and prayers for the interns here. Instead of rambling on about my amazing coworkers, I'm giving you the link to our staff bios so you can pray for each person by name if you are so inclined. :)
http://www.csm.org/washingtondcteam2010.php

No comments: