Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted! (but the absentee ballot people didn't send me a sticker)

Today is election day. I've read numerous statuses on facebook about who people are voting for and who other people should go out and vote for. If you ask me, it's kind of excessive. However, I do greatly appreciate the fact that we have the opportunity to elect the next leader of our country. Now, at this point, I'm a little more focused on the fact that I'm leading 5Alive tonight. It's Missions 5Alive and I'm in charge. It's kind of daunting, but at this point the only thing I can do is pray that Your Word is spoken through my words and the other students. Right about now, that's all I've got for you. Because that's all I'm thinking about. Just thought I'd share...

P.S
In case you were wondering...
No, I did not vote for the elected candidate
But no, I do not think my country is doomed, or going to Hell because Obama won
And yes, I do respect him as the next President
Oh yeah...I'm not planning on moving to Canada either...

No comments: