Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rewired

First of all...how is it Sunday afternoon already?!? It feels like it was just yesterday I was sitting in Dodd with friends watching Noelle's show and then going out afterwards. Ok, well, technically, that was yesterday, but I did that twice, so it was Friday as well. All I can say is that it's a good thing I don't have a whole lot going on this week because my weekend has not be very academically productive. It's all good though, because this weekend was one of rejuvenation and rewiring, if you will. 

While I still had lab on Thursday and classes Friday, I felt like my weekend started Wednesday night. Sheetz, Caribou, and late night excursions with Lisa really kicked everything off. Thursday included visiting our African babies and some wonderful sister bonding time with Jen. Throw in two visits to see MB and living across from Sadie and Noelle and the time with my wonderful sisters was going strong before the actual weekend even started! As I already mentioned, I saw Noelle's show twice this weekend. Once Friday night with the sisters, Quella, and Robyn then we all ventured out to Friendly's for a bit of a twist on our traditional triple date.  Saturday night we brought the rest of the fan club - all I'm saying is that girl better know how loved she is! We ended the night with a crowd of 13 at Fridays (although...it seems that we only ever go there on Saturday...just a side note) and had quite the fabulous time if I do say so myself. We seem to be expanding at Falmouth and our second row pew was almost entirely full today! After church most of us met up with another group and enjoyed brunch at Seaco for a good hour and a half. Add another hour or so trying to figure out Skype with my parents and you have my weekend. 

Except, that doesn't even begin to cover it. Because all of that, it's temporary and while I'm sure many a great memory was made this weekend, it can only last so long. As much as this weekend was about hanging out with friends and spending time with the family You've blessed me with (both at home in York and here in Fredericksburg) I really tried to focus on getting rewired. Reinforcing that connection to You and just taking time to reflect on the numerous ways You've been working this semester. Obviously, some of the afore mentioned activities were much more productive in this area than others. It truly is a blessing to have this amazing Christian fellowship here at school to keep me grounded and encourage me throughout everything. A late night chat on Friday resulted in an evaluation of the relationship I claim to be number one in my life. It's become increasingly apparent to me that I have a tendency to be very duty driven and I've let that interfere with our time together. With things piling up between school work, social engagements and responsibilities at the BCM I haven't stopped coming to You, but I have stopped desiring to come so that I may really grow and learn. I have stopped seeking you as my Prince and I know I have fallen quite short of Your perfect lily white vision for me. It's not a place I want to find myself, yet I am here. This weekend I've been reading Melissa's essay for Messiah college and I was stunned by her humility and her deep desire to know and understand You. That's the place I desire to be. I want to say that I seek Your beautiful face in every aspect of my life. I want to be completely rewired to live the wonderfully abundant life You have designed for me to live.

No comments: