Saturday, November 1, 2008

Life Lines



This summer Bradley did a series called "Life Lines" He essentially went through the major characters in Genesis and picked one verse that summarized their entire story and walk with God. 


Genesis 6:9,22 "Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God...Noah did everything just as God commanded him."
Genesis 18:12 "So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, 'After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?'"
Genesis 30:1 "So she said to Jacob, 'Give me children, or I'll die!'"
Genesis 32:28 "Then the man said, 'Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome.'"

If my walk with God up to this point in my life were to be summarized into one line, what would it be? What kind of example would my life line be setting for future believers?  I can't say how others see me, or how they will see me. All I know is the way I see myself and the way God sees me. And the difference between those two is incredible. I still remember at the end of Bible Study this summer, doing that activity with the mirrors. How comforting it is to know that we are viewed through the eyes of Christ, who looks past all our imperfections and sees us as his lily white princess. And that is why I pray that my life line is Christ. People should be able to look at me and see the One who loves them more than anything. I know I'm a long way off from that, but it's a life long process. So until I can say that my life line is the life line of Christ, I will desperately cling to him as my direct line to Life

No comments: